Nike Unveils Elite 51 NFL Uniforms
Today marked a new era for the National Football League, as the world’s leading athletic apparel brand finally took over the responsibilities of outfitting the world’s greatest athletes on the gridiron – a partnership that has been long-awaited by fans of both the Swoosh and the NFL. Nike invited several members of select media to witness the unveiling of the partnership, highlighting the all-new Nike Elite 51 on-field NFL uniform, fortified by Pro Combat padding, Flywire panels, and designed perfectly to maximize mobility, maximize protection at “hit zone” areas, and maximize ventilation for optimal thermoregulation. Below, we have detailed images of the Nike Elite 51 Uniform as well as a look at all thirty-two teams uniforms, featuring some of Nike’s marquee NFL athletes like Seattle’s Marshawn Lynch, New York’s Darrelle Revis and Victor Cruz, and New England’s Wes Welker, but this serves as just the tip of the iceberg of what’s to come in terms of on-field gear, team apparel, and much, much more.
- LIGHTER –The Nike jersey and pant, wet or dry are lighter than previous versions
- FLYWIRE TECHNOLOGY- Eliminates layers, reduces weight, and provides lockdown fit
- ZONED MESH VENTILATION – Provides cooling zones for optimal thermoregulation
- ZONED STRENGTH - High tenacity, stretch material, for light weight lockdown strength.
- CUT FOR MOBILITY – Four-way stretch, hydrophobic materials enable range of motion wet or dry.
- STRETCH TWILL NUMBERS – Four-way stretch even on numbering system
- CUSTOMIZABLE BASELAYER PADDING – Nike Pro Combat Hyperstrong baselayer with integrated lightweight, Deflex padding offering customizable flexible protection.
- DEFLEX PADDING - Lightweight, flexible impact protection integrated into top “hit zone” areas
- ALUMINUM D-RING BELT - Aircraft-grade aluminum D-ring belt reduces weight.
This is the NFL, there are 30 year olds playing, they don't wanna look like a bunch of yutes running around on the field. That crazy design is reserved for the younger audience in the NCAA to motivate them. If you wish for them to change up the jersey by a lot you are either not a real football fan or you like a browns fan.
I think some of yall are missing the point. I don't think they were trying to change the look of the uniforms; but rather change the fit to add more protection and conform to the players' bodies. Personally, I love the classic look of most of those uniforms that have been around for decades. Changing it up for something more radical would turn out to be too gaudy in my opinion.
Heard that Tim Tebow will have Zoom Air cushioning units in knee and backside areas to provide maximum comfort when he is either Tebowing or riding the pine. Which will it be?
only people who play football could understand how much better these uniforms look compared to the reebok ones
they should have totally remodeled the uniforms design. so boring. all they did was change the material. if they wanted to sell more jerseys all they had to do was make some tough designs now ppl are gonna be reluctant to buy them bc it doesn't matter to them how they fit they aren't the ones playing in the game
Thank god nike kept classic. I thought they would have done crazy ugly uniform like the ncaa teams...
It's not Nike that makes the NFL. The NFL doesn't need Nike changing the core in which the NFL developed well before nike existed. The NFL has left jersey / logo modifications to the teams. The last thing they need to do is have a corporation be such a heavy influence over the teams.
That was the whole plan... I don't know why people think Nike can just up & change the design of every NFL team?! The team makes up the rules on how they want to look... Nike just follows the instructions with their products!!! It's not rocket science people!