Nike Unveils Elite 51 NFL Uniforms
Today marked a new era for the National Football League, as the world’s leading athletic apparel brand finally took over the responsibilities of outfitting the world’s greatest athletes on the gridiron – a partnership that has been long-awaited by fans of both the Swoosh and the NFL. Nike invited several members of select media to witness the unveiling of the partnership, highlighting the all-new Nike Elite 51 on-field NFL uniform, fortified by Pro Combat padding, Flywire panels, and designed perfectly to maximize mobility, maximize protection at “hit zone” areas, and maximize ventilation for optimal thermoregulation. Below, we have detailed images of the Nike Elite 51 Uniform as well as a look at all thirty-two teams uniforms, featuring some of Nike’s marquee NFL athletes like Seattle’s Marshawn Lynch, New York’s Darrelle Revis and Victor Cruz, and New England’s Wes Welker, but this serves as just the tip of the iceberg of what’s to come in terms of on-field gear, team apparel, and much, much more.
- LIGHTER –The Nike jersey and pant, wet or dry are lighter than previous versions
- FLYWIRE TECHNOLOGY- Eliminates layers, reduces weight, and provides lockdown fit
- ZONED MESH VENTILATION – Provides cooling zones for optimal thermoregulation
- ZONED STRENGTH - High tenacity, stretch material, for light weight lockdown strength.
- CUT FOR MOBILITY – Four-way stretch, hydrophobic materials enable range of motion wet or dry.
- STRETCH TWILL NUMBERS – Four-way stretch even on numbering system
- CUSTOMIZABLE BASELAYER PADDING – Nike Pro Combat Hyperstrong baselayer with integrated lightweight, Deflex padding offering customizable flexible protection.
- DEFLEX PADDING - Lightweight, flexible impact protection integrated into top “hit zone” areas
- ALUMINUM D-RING BELT - Aircraft-grade aluminum D-ring belt reduces weight.