Since 1982, the New Balance MADE 990 series has been one of the strongest running franchises in the footwear industry. It knows no limits when it comes to its appeal; the timeless aesthetic 990 has been embraced by all circles of influence, whether it be among sneaker connoisseurs and tech company CEOs. Upon its original release, the 990, the first-ever running performance shoe priced at $100, eclipsed expectations and has gone to to produce new iterations in 1998, 2012, and 2016.
In 2018, New Balance is honoring the cherished heritage of the 990 with a limited-edition release of the 990v4 “1982”, which blends the iconic grey tones with navy, with EST. 1982 embroidered onto the heel. Only 1,500 pairs have been produced, and as a nod to the genesis of the 990 lineage, New Balance will release them at $100 – the original MSRP back in 1982.
The New Balance MADE 990 will release worldwide on April 14th in select cities around the globe; only seven locations in North America will have them stocked.
Where To Buy New Balance 990v4 Made in 1982
- New Balance, NYC150 5th Ave
- Foot Locker, AtlantaGreenbriar Pkwy SW
- Shoe Palace, Palo Alto451 University Ave
- Kicks USA, PhillyRsvlt Mall, 2339 Cottman Ave
- New Balance, San Francisco856 Market St
- YCMC, Washington DC1060 Brentwood Rd NE
- YCMC, Windsor MillSecurity Mall, 6901 Security Blvd