October 24, 2011 BY John Kim
The annual Nike LeBron signature kicks off with a few high-energy releases like the ‘China’ and the ‘Cannon’, but for those who prefer the no-frills, clean and simple colorways, tomorrow is the day to officially cop the Black/Red Nike LeBron 9. The Black/Red colorway, dubbed the ‘Away’, is considered to be the flagship colorway for the Nike LeBron ever since the first Air Zoom Generation. It’s been quite a journey for the Nike LeBron signature line, and tomorrow, the world will get to experience the best that Nike Basketball has to offer – Hyperfuse/Flywire, Max/Zooom cushioning, and one of the sleekest designs ever put on paper. Continue reading for a sick video designing the design concept of the shoe as well as additional specs, and get your LeBron 9 ‘Away’ tomorrow at Nike Basketball retailers, or pick up a pair now on eBay.
Nike LeBron 9
* The shoe is the first to combine Flywire technology and Hyperfuse construction.
* Built for breathability and durability, the Hyperfuse construction is a composite of three different layers of material that are fused together to create a nearly seamless, one piece upper that sheds considerable weight without sacrificing protection.
* A midfoot harness that wraps around the foot incorporates Flywire 3.0 technology for added strength and lock down support. This lightweight upper mimics the speed and strength symbolic of LeBron’s game.
* The finely-tuned midsole provides a unique hybrid cushioning system. By combining Max Air 180 in the heel for absorption on impact with a Nike Zoom unit in the forefoot for a springy response, a player is protected on impact where they need it most. A composite shank plate provides torsional rigidity and support while reducing midsole weight.
* Signature aesthetic elements include: LeBron’s new logo, his signature on the ventilated tongue and, scripted on the toe, the motto: “What we do in life, echoes in eternity.”