February 27, 2012 BY John Kim
With Michael Jordan at the core of the design and the three Jordan Brand signature athletes acting as pillars of performance engineering, the Air Jordan 2012 encapsulate the greatness of the then, new, and future of Jordan Brand. Carmelo Anthony, Chris Paul, and Dwyane Wade received starting nods for this year’s 2012 NBA All-Star Game, and all three athletes displayed their on-court excellence that has earned them the rightful reputations as some of the greatest players of the game. Dwyane Wade displayed ‘Air’ by recording the All-Star Game’s third triple-double in history while dunking effortlessly in the Air Jordan 2012 and Fly Wade 2, Chris Paul exemplified ‘Quick’ by dishing out a game-high 12 assists, and Carmelo was ‘Explosive’, chipping in 19 points, 9 boards, and 2 steals. Check out the three Jordan Brand All-Star athletes in action at the 2012 NBA All-Star Game below and let us know which flight approach – Fly Around, Fly Over, or Fly Through – you utilize in your game!
10. QUICK – Two of the premier point guards in the league face off as Chris Paul uses some quick footwork in his Jordan CP3.V’s to hold off a driving Deron Williams.
9. AIR -Dwyane Wade gets some serious air as he elevates just a little higher than the West’s Russell Westbrook to get this shot off.
8. QUICK – You’ve gotta be quick to navigate through all those giants, so Chris Paul depends on his superior agility to make adjustments on the fly while finding an open Western Conference All-Star teammate on the wing.
7. AIR – Dwyane Wade splits the defense and goes airborne for a one-hander in one of his two sneaker looks for the night – the Jordan Fly Wade 2.
6. EXPLOSIVE -Dwyane Wade muscles his way past Kobe, who may have been looking for some revenge after a hard D-Wade foul that drew some blood.
5. EXPLOSIVE – The All-Star Game may have had some lax defensive play, but no one was getting in Melo’s way on this strong take.
4. QUICK – Penetrate and distribute. The full range of CP3’s lightning speed was on display as he dished from all angles and carved through the Eastern All-Stars with relative ease.
3. AIR – How many guys can get up with D-Wade? Dirk didn’t even bother trying to contest this nimble Wade finger roll.
2. EXPLOSIVE – All five Western All-Stars on the floor can only watch as Carmelo Anthony throws down a two-hander with authority in the Jordan Melo M8.
1. AIR – Dwyane Wade skies above the rest in the Air Jordan 2012 on the way to a pretty dunk and two points to add to his All-Star Game triple-double.