In 1982, New Balance broke ground in the world of running performance with the debut of the 990, the first-ever running shoe priced at $100. The shoe lived up to the the price-tag as it made use of pig suede, 3M reflective transfer film, and the brand’s molded Motion Control Device. Since then, the 990 series has continued to set standards in the world of running while being adopted by an eclectic mix of cultural circles for casual wear, and this weekend, New Balance is honoring the origins of the lineage by releasing a special “Made In 1982” edition of the 990v4 exclusively in fifteen cities with the “OG” price-tag of $100. Each of the fifteen cities will release just 100 pairs and the brand surely has something special lined up for this pivotal release, so get ahead of the game and see the official global store list below.
New Balance 990v4 “1982”
Release Date: April 14th, 2018
Where To Buy: New Balance 990v4 “1982” (USA)
- New Balance NYC150 5th Ave.
- Foot Locker, AtlantaGreenbriar Pkwy SW
- Shoe Palace, Palo Alto451 University Ave.
- Kicks USA, Philly2339 Cottman Ave.
- New Balance, San Francisco856 Market St.
- YCMC, Washington DC1060 Brentwood Rd. NE
- YCMC, Windsor Mill6901 Security Blvd.
Where To Buy: New Balance 990v4 “1982” (Global)
- END, LondonEbor Street
- Solebox, BerlinNuernberger Strasse 14
- One Block Down, MilanPiazza Ventiquattro Maggio
- Tsvetnoy, Moscow10 trans. Stoleshnikov
- Alcorta, Buenos AiresJerónimo Salguero 3172
- New Balance, Seoul412 Gangnam-daero, Yeoksam 1-dong
- NB 1906, ShanghaiNo.958 West Nanjing Road
- NB Shibuya Pop-up, TokyoShibuya Cast, 1 Chome-23-21 Shibuya