This article was published on March 7, 2023 and updated on March 16, 2023
The Nike SB x Air Jordan 4 “Pine Green” will release at dozens of skate shops across the world. Some raffles have begun to close, but the retro will release via the Nike SNKRS app on March 21 for $225 USD.
Back in January 2020, sneaker leakers shared news that an Air Jordan 4 “Pine Green” retro would release in August of that year. The late summer month came and went without the rumored pair, but the scrapped project led to the first AJ4 by Nike SB, a pair that’s only recently appeared via official Nike photography.
Rumors of a Nike SB x Air Jordan 4 began to circulate in September 2022. Initial reports and spy shots of the pair depicted the signature model in a “Black Cat” ensemble. Professional skater Paul Rodriguez was also spotted wearing the shoe, which turned out to only be a sample. Later reports stated that one of two final versions of the modified Air Jordan sneaker would don a “Neutral White,” “Pine Green,” and “Sail” color scheme. Over the last two months, unauthorized and authorized sources alike have confirmed the project, which has been received moderately well by the sneaker community-at-large.
What makes the Jordans “SB”?
The Swoosh hasn’t provided an “under the hood” breakdown of the collaboration, but Twitter user @tuxedoAmerica posits the following:
• The side “wings” are made from a rubber compound because they withstand grip tape better than traditional plastic materials.
• The sole is thinner at the forefoot to increase board feel. Furthermore, the Air unit underneath the forefoot has been removed on the Nike SB AJ4.
• The “SB”-branded heel tab delivers notable flexibility to accommodate skating.
• The tongue includes more padding than standard Jordan 4’s, although not to the extent of the SB Dunk.
• The toecap doesn’t feature a turn-n-stitch, decreasing the robustness of the toe.
• The general stitching across the “Pine Green” pair follows Nike SB guidelines as prototypes featuring traditional Air Jordan stitching blew out too fast.
• The outsole has gum sections for increased grip.
Nike SB Jordan 4: Price & Release Date
According to various skate shops with Nike SB accounts, the retro will see its debut on March 17. A Nike SNKRS release and global launch is scheduled to take place on March 21. The sneaker is priced at $225 USD, which is $15 more than a standard Air Jordan 4 in adult sizing.
Enjoy official images of the pair ahead, as well as an up-to-date “Where to Buy” list. Please note that several locales are hosting raffles to purchase the SB AJ4.
For more sneaker news, check out all upcoming Nike Air Max releases.
Where to Buy
Make sure to follow @kicksfinder for live tweets during the release date.
Air Jordan 4 SB
Restock Date: Mar 21st, 2023 (Tuesday)
Original Release Date: Jan 1st, 1970
Color: Sail/Pine Green/Neutral Grey/White
Mens: $225 Style Code: DR5415-103
North America (Restock)Mar 21st, 2023 (Tuesday)
- Nike SNKRS US Raffle
- TAKOUT NY Raffle
- Extra Butter Raffle
- Concepts Raffle
- Social Status Raffle
- SNS Raffle
- Feature Raffle
- A Ma Maniere Raffle
- Stashed Raffle
- Dover Street Market NY Raffle
- Alumni Raffle
- Sesinko Raffle
- Undefeated Raffle
- KITH App Only
- Sneaker Politics Raffle
- Oneness Raffle
- Shop Nice Kicks Raffle
- Saint Alfred Raffle
- Lapstone & Hammer Raffle
Europe (Restock)Mar 21st, 2023 (Tuesday)
Photos via Nike